- Children of ANY age are referred to Kidz Therapy Zone a couple different ways. Normally when a referral is made it is because there is concern with gross motor, fine motor, sensory, picky eating, speech and language skills, or physical therapy concerns.
- Self-Referral – When someone other than a doctor refers a patient to Kidz Therapy Zone
- Doctor Referral – The child’s primary doctor will sometimes note concerns, usually at the time of a well child check, and refer to different therapy interventions
- Specialist Referral – Some specialists will also refer for therapy services.
- Case Manager Referral – If your child has a case manager of some kind, they can also make suggestions of other therapy services that a child may benefit from.
- The child is evaluated by the Therapist who is trained and specializes in the area of concern (Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Language Pathologist) using a functional evaluation, therapist observation, and family and doctor report. The family is involved in setting goals in the best interest of the child.
- After therapy is recommended, the Therapist shares the strengths and goal areas for the child with the parent and determines with the parent priorities for functional goals.
- Direct, one-on-one therapy or group therapy is provided by the Therapist in the outpatient center. The parents can be present or wait in the waiting room. Sometimes a home exercise program is established for optimal carry-over at home. Visits are scheduled based on the needs of the child, typically one time per week and up to five times per week if necessary.
- After each session the therapist will talk to the parent or caregiver about the session and also give tips and tricks to use at home as well.
Contact us today to schedule your child’s evaluation. Kidz Therapy Zone